The region of Transylvania is located in the heart of Romania and is bounded by the beautiful Carpathian Mountains. This is the largest region of Romania and is full of delightful sceneries. It is deliberated the cradle of nation, because of its impressive fortresses and castles build by their ancestors – the Dacians. Transylvania is gifted with a large number of tourist attractions and various activities to do. It is a combination between rural and medieval, because every small village still uses the ancestral procedures for land cultivation, collecting hay for animals.

The name of Transylvania comes from the Latin expression “Trans Silva” which means “Country beyond the forests” for its forests that covers the mountains.  First people that stepped here were the Celts, and after them came that Dacian society who built the fortresses and capitals, still kept until now in Orastie Mountains.

Sarmizegetusa Regia was the most important capital of Dacian Empire. Wars between Dacian and Roman Empire made Traian emperor the winner of this area for a long period of time. After Roman Empire, Hungarians made Transylvania part of their territory. Also, during time, the Ottoman Empire tried to win this region, but they never succeeded. Starting with the 14th century this region was transformed in Transylvania Principality, being recognized as an independent state. On December 1, 1918, Transylvania is united with other principalities and together become the Romania country. Wonderful region of Transylvania has great cities that deserve to be discovered year around.

Alba Iulia is a lovely city that is located in Transylvania region. Alba Carolina Citadel is the most fascinating place for tourist to visit, especially after 12 PM when Austrian guards from III Gate are changing and during weekends when are wince bursts of smoke. Tourists can go on the Three Fortifications Route from which can discover: Mint gate Principality of Transylvania, Artillery platform, South Gate Camp Roman military camp. In the fortress travellers can see the Union Hall, the place where was signed the Act of Union of Transylvania with Romania, in 1918 and Union Museum. Also here is the cell of Horea where he needed to stay before he was executed; about him tourists can find more information from Romanian Heroes Route.

Cluj-Napoca is the biggest city located in the heart of Transylvania. Here visitors can discover the Orthodox cathedral decorate with fancy reliefs carves in stone, geometrical and floral motifs. The edifice attractions are the old books, manuscripts, documents about church history, and the past of the Romanian people. Saint Michael Church in an edifice built on the old Saint Jacob chapel. It’s imposing by its Gothic style and mural pictures from the 15th century. Visitors can see on this church a statue of a child without had.

Sibiu is a great city from Transylvania that deserves to be discovered. It’s easy because here travelers don’t need cars because the most important edifices are in the city’s historical center. People can visit the Union Square and the Three Towers: Potters Tower, Gunsmiths Tower and Carpenters Tower; all of them are part of the third fortified enclosures of the city. The Big Square for the old historical center is full of souvenirs, because this is the place where events like Easter and Christmas festivities take place.

Region of Transylvania has cities, fortresses, citadels, nature landscapes and many other things which can satisfy all travelers’ needs.

The Brukenthal National Museum (Romanian: Muzeul Naţional Brukenthal ) is a museum, erected in the late of 18th century in Sibiu, Transylvania, Romania, housed in the palace of Samuel von Brukenthal — who was Habsburg governor of Transylvania and who established its first collections around 1790. The collections were officially opened to the public in 1817, making it the oldest institution of its kind in Romania.

It is a complex of six museums. The buildings are situated in different locations around the city. The interesting fact is that every building have their own distinct cultural programmes.

The travelers are invited to visit Art Galleries which are located inside the Brukenthal Palace. This part of museum is sheltering and include a number of about 1,200 works belonging to the main European schools of painting, from the 15th to the 18th century like: Flemish-Dutch, German and Austrian, Italian, Spanish and French Schools.

Also, the important thing is that The Galleries include collections of engravings, books, numismatics, and minerals. Furthermore only on this Museum, tourists can visit The Brukenthal Library which is located inside the Brukenthal Palace. The Library is composing of approximately 300,000 library units: manuscripts, incunables, rare foreign books, old Romanian-language books, contemporary books.

The Museum of History is part of a building which is considered to be the most important kit of non-religious Gothic architecture in Transylvania. The museum initially focused its activities on representing the historic characteristics of Sibiu and its surroundings, but in time it has come to reflect the entire area of Southern Transylvania.

Moreover one of the popular tourist attraction is The Museum of Pharmacology. It is located in an historical building dated 1569, where one of the oldest pharmacies in present- day Romania was located. Tourists can admire the most magnificent interior of Romanian building in Sibiu. Museum’s interior is arranged in Viennese Style.

The exhibition is organized on the structure of a classical pharmacy that includes two laboratories, a homeopathic sector and a documentation sector. Also international guests will be surprised by the largest collection medical instruments that are made by approximate 6.000 units which was used on Transylvanian territory.

The Museum of Natural History was opened in 1849 with the help of Transylvanian Society of Natural Sciences. The collections of the museum comprise over 1 million exhibits, including mineralogy-petrography, paleontology, botany, entomology, and malacology, the zoology of the vertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, as well as ichthyology, ornithology, and the zoology of mammals. The last part of trip and the most special one is the Museum of Arms and Hunting Trophies that reflects the evolution in time of weapons and hunting tools.

The Museum is recognized one of the most gorgeous historical location, which is waiting its visitors in every day of the year.

As one of the most important landmarks of Sibiu, the Council Tower is located in the Small Square and its ground floor is a passageway between the Small and Large Squares. The Tower was built in the 13th century and along the centuries; it has suffered several restorations which altered the initial form. The nucleus reaching the 1st floor is the only part of the Tower that was kept from the first construction and after that it was elevated several times and integrated in a group of buildings. The superior floors collapsed in 1585 and ample reconstruction works followed. The Council Tower was completely restored in the 1960s.

Along the years, the Council Tower served as several uses: gate tower, storehouse, fire watchtower, prison and natural sciences museum. Today, the Tower is used for exhibitions and a superb belvedere of Sibiu and Fagaras Mountains.

The Council Tower is a building with 7 floors which retract successively. The tower is supported by tall buttresses which have two embossed lions on the southern part.

Tourists can access the Council Tower through a small sized door from Small Square and you walk on steep narrow spiraled stairs from which you will be able to see your “ascending” through the miniature windows. Reaching the sixth floor you will stumble upon the huge clock which works on all fours sides of the tower, while the seventh floor will open up to an amazing belvedere of the old town. Visitors shouldn’t even fuss about the fees, as it is only 2 lei, roughly 0.5 Euro.

The Council Tower is probably the most famous out of the seventeen towers that Sibiu has. The city’s fortification system is divided in four belts of fortifications which tie the towers, bastions, passageways and churches. The Council Tower is part of the second belt of fortifications of Sibiu.

After all this information, you are probably wondering why it is named the Council Tower (Romanian: Turnul Sfatului); this is because it was situated right by the building where the city council gathered.

The Council Tower could be a place to either start or end a trip in Sibiu, as you can learn many things about its history or otherwise admire the beautiful architecture from the top.

Not only an main sight of Sibiu, which make sure you do not confuse with the tower of the Lutheran Church, another gorgeous tower in the Old Town, but as well a building with many important purposes throughout the years placed right in the heart of the city, the Council Tower deserves to be visited and it rewards all of its tourists with an extremely inexpensive entry fee.

One of the most enchanting cities in Romania is for sure Sibiu. If somebody asks why, the question is very simple: Sibiu is one of the most important cultural centers of Romania and was designated the European Capital of Culture for the year 2007, along with the city of Luxembourg. Sibiu’s Old Town retains the grandeur of its earlier days when rich and powerful guilds dominated regional trade.

Also, every tourist need to know that this city is a pedestrian-friendly city with two easily accessible levels: the Upper town, home to most of Sibiu’s historic sights, and the Lower town, lined with colorful houses on cobblestone streets and bounded by imposing city walls and defense towers overlooking the river Cibin.

The splendour of the city is certainly differently than other places on Transylvanian territory.

Besides many interesting museums, coffee shops, historical dates and pretty locals, Sibiu prepared for all Romanian people and international guests one of the most interesting cultural place named: The Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church.

The Church represents one of the most important buildings in the Large Square dating from the 18th century. After Sibiu’s adherence to the Reform, the city was left without Catholic churches for a period of over a century, all the churches serving the Evangelic cult. The exterior of the monument is sober, seven smaller rectangular windows with stone cadres being superposed on the seven windows situated at the first floor. In the interior, the lateral altars are divided by Dorian doubled columns.

The statue of the saint martyr Nepomuk which was initially placed in the Large Square must also be mentioned in this article. During the communist regime, this statue was dismantled and at the present it is located in the interior courtyard of the parochial house in the immediate vicinity of the church.

The church is remarkable due to its early Viennese baroque style, with simple lines at the exterior and a richly decorated inside. The interior is really amazing. Here, travelers can find: the fresco representing “Mary and the baby”, the most important Baroque accomplishment in Sibiu; the headstone of count general Otto Ferdinand Traunn of Abensberg (1677-1747), the military commander of Transylvania and the pipe-organ dating from 1860 was made by Carl Hesse.

The members of the parochial community represent three ethnic groups. Therefore, the divine service is conducted in three languages: Romanian, Hungarian and German.

The Transylvanian Saxons (Romanian: Sasi, German: Siebenbürger Sachsen) are a population of ethnic Germans  who established in Transylvania around the 12th century.

In the 12th century, King Géza II of Hungary (reigned 1141–1162) invited Germans to settle in Transylvania to protect and keep the territory. The first group of immigrants fixed their households in southern Transylvania, in the region of Nagyszeben known today as Sibiu.

After the first wave of Germans, followed the second strong movement , which started after the Hungarian king Andrew II that reigned from 1205 to 1235 granted the Barcasag area. In our days  the location is named Brasov.

After a short period of emigration, the king Andrew II, wanted to win the Saxons’ favors against the Teutonic Knights, and granted the Saxons a wide range of privileges in his decree of 1224, called the Andreanum. As a result the Saxons were connected as one nation under the leadership of the crown lieutenant and they received new territories.

Saxons received free elections for priests and local leaders, together with exemption from customs duties and taxes, except for an annual payment to the king for the lands they had received from him. They were indebted to provide soldiers for his majesty army, members of their patrician class.

After the end of World War I, many Saxons sustained the unification of Transylvania with the Kingdom of Romania. They were promised full minority rights, but many wealthy Saxons lost their properties during the land reform process that was implemented in Romania after this devastating was. Taking into consideration the rise of Adolf Hitler in Germany, many Transylvanian Saxons became staunch supporters of National Socialism, and the Church very lost its influence in the community.

In the 50’s the Saxons represented around 8 percent of the population of Transylvania, but in the late 70’s the number had decreased to less than 5 percent.

Under the Nicolae Ceausescu  communist dictatorship (1965 to 1989), most of the Saxons migrated to West Germany. The great majority of Transylvanian Saxons now live in Germany.

Today, in Romania, are more than 20,000 Saxons, constituting less than 1 percent of he country’s population. They are represented by the Democratic Forum of Germans in Romania, the political party that gave Romania its fifth president, Klaus Iohannis. Before he was elected president of Romania in November 2014 , Iohannis was the mayor of Sibiu from 2000 to 2014.

Romania is full of surprises with a lot of marvelous cities, historical architecture and awesome locals. One of the best place where travelers are feeling really relaxed is Sibiu City .

Before visiting this city, tourists need to know that it is situated in the heart of Transylvania. Also, Sibiu is one of the most important cultural centers of Romania and was designated the European Capital of Culture for the year of 2007, along with the city of Luxembourg. Forward the center of the Transylvanian Saxons, the old city of Sibiu was ranked as “Europe’s 8th-most idyllic place to live” by Forbes in 2008.

The city of Sibiu and its surroundings are one of the most visited areas in Romania. Two of the most wonderful places are The Little Square and The Large Square, which are located right next to the Bridge of Lies Sibiu, connected to the Big Square by some nice tunnels.

It is a romantic place with many restaurants, so people in love are encouraged to take a tour in Sibiu. All restaurants have terraces during summer time, which are  full of tourists from different corners of the world.

The place looks lovely and is one of the few in the area open till late, which is very important for revelers people. Tourists are charmed by the splendor of the all craft and mercantile activity, furriers, pelt dealers, tanners and gold workers traded from here.

Another tourist attractions and sights in Sibiu that can catch the attention is Union Square that is located in the part of the city known as “the Upper Town”, at an altitude of 400 m. From there, visitors can easily reach the Paltinis mountain resort. This is the place to go if somebody want to see the entire city on a glance.

One of the statues that you can see in the city is the bust of Francis I – Emperor of Austria. Thanks  to his visit, Sibiu was electrified. Another bust belongs to Schiller. It’s made out of bronze and was created because of the great contributions to the development of German language education by Schiller.

One of the most interesting buildings is the Sibiu City Hall. It was originally a bank, a city hall, and then a branch of the National Bank and since 2006 it has regained its status as the city hall building.

Sibiu city need to be one everyone’s list, because only here dreams come true. It is very nice place to eat, visit and why not – take awesome photos.

The Lutheran Cathedral of Saint Mary, typically known as the Evangelical Cathedral, is the most famous church built in a gothic style. It is located in the Huet Square, the center of Sibiu, Transylvania.

Around the 13th century, there used to be a Romanesque basilica on the same spot. The community of Sibiu went into a significant expansion, from a small village to an important borough. Therefore, they felt the need for a bigger place of worship, under the promise of a sky-reaching tower.

The works for the much wanted cathedral started in 1380, but the people abandoned the construction for a while, fortifying it instead, due to frequent threats of attacks. With the erection of the steeple in 1520, the church was considered finished.

The immensity of the Evangelical Cathedral is the main charm of this gothic shrine, its tower measuring 74 meters. The seven level tower, considered the tallest in Transylvania, is surrounded by 4 other medium sized towers. There are two altars, one of which is probably from the old church. The church also used to have a cemetery, which lasted for three centuries. Here laid at rest important figures of Sibiu and not only, such as mayors and earls. This practice was forbidden in 1796, although a single time exception was made in 1803 with the passing of the renowned Samuel von Brukenthal. After fifty years, the gravestones, 67 in number, were moved from their place and were incorporated in the church’s walls, in a room called ferula. These same walls are ornamented with paintings of Johannes de Rosenow Georgamvon, which date from the middle 1600s.

The old organ of the Lutheran Cathedral, built in 1585, was substituted with a newer one, a Baroque style organ built by a Slovakian craftsman in 1671. It is now considered the largest organ from southeastern Europe. Two sculptors, namely Elias Nicolai and Sigismund Moss, contributed in the 16th century with carving marble stones of blood-red and grey color.

Although a series of artifacts are not shown to the public, such as a gilded silver cult pot made by Sebastian Hann, there are other treasured pieces left for the admiration of the public eye. Perhaps the most precious item in the Evangelical Cathedral is a calyx decorated with the most beautiful existent bronze gothic fonts in Romania. The font is a work of master Leonhardus and dates back from the 1400s.

The courtyard in front of the church is a bronze statue of the famous historian and bishop of Transylvania, George Daniel Teutsch. Besides its massive tower, probably the most striking exterior aspect is the colorful roof, which reminds of Vienna’s Stephansdom.

The main altar, the secondary altars, the paintings, the emblems, the bronze font, the organ and the architectural details fairly make the Evangelical Church of Sibiu it one of the most striking churches in Transylvania.

Besides these, during the summer, there are concerts every night. It also facilitates access for disabled persons, tourist information and it has its personal souvenir shop.

Astra Museum Complex is located in Sibiu, which is a strong exemplar of Transylvanian spirit.

The Astra Complex clusters under its name not only four ethnology and civilization museums, but also a documentation center, a conservation and restoration department and many more, which are to be mentioned.

The complex bases its existence on Romania’s need to harbor a deeply rooted history of its ethno-cultural identity and multiculturalism. The Transylvanian Association of Romanian Literature and Culture (ASTRA) set up the first exhibition in 1905.

The ASTRA Museum of Traditional Folk Civilization (also known as “Muzeul civilizatiei populare Astra Sibiu”), often called the Open Air Museum, is the most significant unit. It is situated 8 kilometers away from the city center, within the confines of the natural reservation Dumbrava Sibiului. The Open Air Museum stretches over 96 hectares, out of which 40 hectares are covered by the permanent exhibition, which forms the largest ethnographic display in Europe. Architecture, technique and heritage are embodied by collections of mills, wooden churches, traditional homesteads and objects, which add up to more than 400 folkloric monuments.

The exhibits are grouped based on six thematic sectors, each with their own subgroups: food production, animal husbandry, production of raw materials, transportation, manufactured household objects, public buildings and an exposition of monumental sculptures.

Being an open air museum, it can easily host a series of events, such as: festivals, fairs, workshops and performances throughout all seasons, given the picturesque scenery. Also, it is very much suitable for walks, drives by carriage or sleigh and sightseeing.

The “Franz Binder” Museum of Universal Ethnography is located in the Small Square of Sibiu. It was inaugurated in 1993 and it holds the title of the first and only museum in Romania with the thematic of worlds’ civilization, culture and art, based on unique collections and collaborations. Its purpose is to introduce the perspective of everything non-European as a comparison and the term “difference” as an element of cultural identity.

Franz Binder is the founder of these extra-European collections. He was a merchant and a passionate explorer and also the Consul of Austria in the Turkish-Egyptian Sudan. The first move towards creating this museum is his donation of over 500 African objects to the Transylvanian Association of Natural Sciences from Sibiu. After this, a series of other donors added Egyptian, Chinese, Japanese, Ecuadorian, Argentinian, Indonesian, Indian, African (and many more) heritage to the collection.

The “ASTRA” Museum of Transylvanian Civilization was founded in 1993 and follows the same concept of traditional museum as the Open Air Museum founded in 1905. This museum is a curator of patrimonial assets. Its main goal is to highlight Transylvanian values, pluri-ethnic community and coexistence. It stocks collections of embroidery, costumes, religious objects, wood-bone-iron and ceramics items and dolls which all together sum an outstanding number of 9000 objects. This impressive number troubles the possibility of permanent display due to the lack of space. Various exhibitions were organized in the country and throughout the world. Otherwise, the treasure is withdrawn in storages. The museum organizes fairs, contests and festivals under the name of Living Human Treasures.

The “Emil Sigerus” Museum of Ethnography and Saxon Folk Art also located in the Small Square of Sibiu, was founded in 1997. It was established under the task of presenting the role of the ethnic group named Transylvanian Saxons in Romanian culture. The main attraction of this museum is the impressive collection of Terracotta Tiles, after which come other 4000 objects in the form of costumes and other textiles, wooden, metal and bone objects, as well as beautifully painted furniture. The Emil Sigerus Museum has been in a continuous enrichment throughout the years, by means of donations and acquisitions.

The ASTRA Museum Complex nests a series of other extensions, such as: the “ASTRA” Film Studio that specializes in documentary film production, the Cornel Irimie Memorial Department, a personal collection of Sibiu’s most influential personality in the field of ethnology, the Conservation and Restoration Department that cares for the longevity of over 60000 objects.

Whether it’s for the urban located exhibitions or the perfectly preserved rural lifestyle of Transylvanians, the ASTRA Museum Complex is definitely something to see. The surroundings that interconnect these two treasuries shouldn’t as well be overlooked.

Sibiu, one of the most important cities in Transylvania, out stands itself by its acts of pioneering in a multitude of domains. One of these acts were building the first iron cast bridge in the whole Romania. It can now be found in the old town of Sibiu, lying there since 1859.

Before the year of 1859, on the exact same spot was a wooden gate bridge, a part of the 2nd fortification wall. It also bore the name of Bridge of Lies and it used to have buildings to each side, but they were demolished in 1851.

With the iron bridge being built, authorities meant to change its name but the inhabitants of Sibiu begged to differ, its unwritten legends proving to be stronger. Thus, more than 150 years have passed and the bridge hasn’t lost its name and not one, but three legends.

Each of the three legends justifies the name of Bridge of Lies. The first legend that vehicular from medieval times says that the bridge was used to tell if somebody was lying. It is said that when a person says a lie on the bridge, it starts weirdly making noises and moving. Tourists can try it for themselves.

The second legend says that when merchants earning their living in the market nearby were caught cheating on their customers; they were thrown off the bridge as a punishment.

The third legend is about virgins who came on this bridge to meet boys that they planned on marrying. If a girl was caught lying about her virginity, she would be thrown off the bridge.

On the other hand, the legend told today is simply that the bridge will collapse if someone will sit on it and tell a lie. Visitors of this bridge must be very honest, seeing as it hasn’t vanished yet.

Bridge of Lies, as a part of the tour of old town of Sibiu, can be discovered by taking the route of the narrow passages between the Grand and Lesser Squares. The bridge, which is pedestrian only, connects the two parts of the Lesser Square as well as it links the Lower and Upper Town.

In the vicinity of the Liar’s Bridge, there are other buildings worth visiting. To the right, there’s the House of the Arts, formerly the Butcher’s Hall, built in the 14th century. The arched building bears the city’s emblem since 1787. On the bridge’s left side is the Luxembourg House, built at the beginning of the 15th century, which is now a three star hotel that gives amazing views to the Liar’s Bridge and other staple attractions of Sibiu.

The street passing under the bridge is Ocnei Street, which is the main access from the Lower City to the Upper city. Along the bridge, there are is a 5 landing staircase, granting access to the bridge. All the buildings on this street are part of Sibiu’s patrimony, each having a story to it.

Sibiu, commonly called by its German correspondent, Hermannstadt, is one of the most important cities in Transylvania. It was twice the capital of the Principality of Transylvania in the 18th and 19th century. Even before, Sibiu always managed to bring Transylvania and Romania into prominence, representing one of the most important cultural scenes. It even became the European Capital of Culture in 2007, a year later to be ranked as one of “Europe’s most idyllic places to live”. In other respects, Sibiu, as a city with a history of over 900, was the pioneer that provided Eastern Europe with many premieres in virtually all domains.

Sibiu records its first identity in 1191 under the name of Cibinium, confirmed by Pope Celestine II, who also mentioned the existence of German settlers. By the 14th century, it had already become a relevant trade center and the biggest German city in Siebenbürgen, the seven citadels that form Transylvania. With World War I’s effect upon the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Sibiu became part of Romania and withheld a majority of ethnic German population, Romanians being only a community. Between the years of communism, this phenomenon reversed, leaving Sibiu with a heartbreaking percentage of 1.1 Germans.

Nevertheless, Sibiu constantly put itself on the map through acts of pioneering. It was the place where the first hospital, the first library, the first school, the first pharmacy, the first paper mill, the first book store, the first theatre, the first museum, the first cast iron bridge, the first beer factory, the first Zoo garden, the first open-air cinema in Romania opened. And those are just a few of the firsts that took place in Sibiu.

Sibiu, along with its surroundings, sums a vast collection of museums and parks. The Museums are divided in two main categories. The ASTRA National Museum Complex (muzeul Astra) displays a large collection of ethnographic richness, while the Brukenthal Museum (muzeul Brukenthal) focuses on art, history and pharmacy and other sciences. Some of the biggest and best maintained parks are the Dumbrava Sibiului Natural Park, the Citadel Park and the Sub Arini Park. But these are just a quarter of green space that Sibiu lays out.
The city extends its touristic aspect with the Paltinis and Arena Platos ski resorts, two of Romania’s favorite winter holiday destinations.

The main attractions of Sibiu are distributed in two main areas, the Upper Town and the Lower Town. The Upper Town seems to have been the wealthier part; it is organized in three squares and it contains the main sights of the city. The Lower Town might have served as the manufacturing area and its architecture is quite rustic. This lower part of town takes in the oldest church in Sibiu, dating back to 1292.

The Grand Square has been the center of the city since the 15th century. There lays the Brukenthal Palace, a Baroque monument erected in the 18th century, former residence of governor Samuel von Brukenthal, now a museum carrying his name. Also on this northern side are the Moringer House, which bears the old coat of arms of Sibiu, the Jesuit Church, and an Art Nouveau building which now houses the city hall. Another city symbol here is the 8 centuries old Council Tower. On the southern side of the square there are some two-to-three-story houses that bear small windows on the roof, the “city’s eyes” as tourists like to call them.

Narrow passages connect the Grand Square to the Lesser Square, where the infamous Liars Bridge lies since 1859, as Romania’s first cast iron bridge. To the right of the bridge of lies Sibiu there’s the House of the Arts, on the left the Luxemburg House and under, Ocnei Street, which gives access to the Lower City.

The third square is Huet Square, which distinguishes itself from the other two by its Gothic buildings, such as the Evangelical Lutheran Cathedral in its center, and the Brukenthal Highschool.

Sibiu is one of the most fortified cities in Europe, having multiple rings built around it. All of the walls are connected through tunnels, passageways and bastions.

Another thing that keeps Sibiu on the map is the events held here yearly. The most reputable are the Sibiu International Theatre Festival, the Artmania and Rockin’ Transilvania festivals, the oldest Jazz Festival, and of course the Sibiu Medieval Festival.

The city of Sibiu is conveniently placed in the middle of Romania. This makes it the ideal starting point to all other major attractions of the country either by car, or via its international airport that has over 9 routes.

With excellent accommodation conditions, a great deal of green spaces, dozens of events spread throughout the entire year and, naturally, its everlasting architecture, Sibiu leaves little or no reason not to be visited.