The municipality of Turda is located in Cluj County. It is one of the six cities in this county and also the second biggest, after Cluj-Napoca, the county residence. Turda is situated on the Aries River, in the south side of the county, 30 kilometers away from Cluj-Napoca. Its territorial area of 92 square kilometers nests over 45 thousand inhabitants.

Although there are signs of Paleolithic settlements in this area, the first important human establishment was a Dacian one. Ptolemy mentions the city in one of his writings under the name of Potaissa. The Romans conquered the city between 101 and 106 AD.  They made it into one of their castrums and kept the given name of Potaissa. This name was first recorded in Milliarium of Aiton, an ancient milestone of the Romans, which suggests the constructions of a road between Potaissa and Napoca.

The castrum of Potaissa later became a municipium, then a colonia which served as a basecamp for Legio V Macedonica.

The Middle Ages brought to light the Turda salt mines along with the Hungarian invasion, although these were worked since prehistoric times. After Saxons had established in the 11th century, the town was destroyed in a Tatar invasion. After these invasions, the inhabitans of Turda decided to fortify all churches. The oldest historical and architectural monument is the Turda Reformed-Calvinist Church.

The town of Turda was exposed yet again during the Second World War, when it became the battlefield for Germans and Hungarians against Soviets and Romanians. The Battle of Turda was the biggest one held in Transylvania during that war.

The town is adorned with beautiful architecture, expressed by buildings like the City Hall, Mendel Villa, the Princely Palace, now the History Museum and Palace of Finance. The religious landmarks of Turda are the Orthodox Cathedral, the Roman-Catholic Church, the Mihai Voda Monastery along with Mihai the Brave’s tomb. Tourists can also see some natural landmarks, such as the Central Park, the Csiky Lake, the zoo, Teilor Park, the Ciucas waterfall.

Turda withholds very important touristic landmarks, not only within its confines, but also outside of it, such as Salina Turda salt mine and Turda Canyon (Cheile Turzii) natural reserve. Turda Canyon is a natural reserve situated 6 km west from Turda, inhabited since the Neolithic. This canyon has one of the richest and most picturesque karst landscapes in the country. More than 1000 species of plants and animals live here, some of them rare or endangered.

Tourists can find more about Salina Turda(Turda Salt Mine) in another article on this site.

Turda is a tourist attraction of national interest, considering it also has a spa resort, numerous hotels, a rich history as well as a splendid display of nature.

Brasov, a popular touristic city in Romania, held one of the biggest and important music events in Europe. During the months of August through September, The Golden Stag became a tradition in the international pop world, promoting local and foreign talents. Nonetheless, it was a contest-show with musicians from Romania and abroad, and special guests from across the world.

In 1968 took place the first edition, in the Council Square. Nicolae Ceausescu chose Brasov as the location because of its historical importance. Government of Romania desired to show the rest of Europe that the country was open-minded and free. Moreover, conceived initially as a copy of San Remo festival, the spectacle was soon known for its own name. Until the present, along many interruptions over the years, 17 editions took place. The main organizers, Romanian Television, stopped them in 2009 because of insufficient funds necessary to continue the show.

So, even though many years passed, Golden Stag received incredible appreciations, viewed as a big success. It had two main components, international contest and guest performances by foreign or Romanian artists, entertaining the numerous crowd and viewers across the globe.

Over time, many well-known stars have performed on stage, including Ray Charles, Kenny Rogers, UB 40, Ricky Martin, Scorpions, Sheryl Crow, Patricia Kaas, Toto Cutugno, James Brown, Pink and the list goes on. Interesting fact, a young artist named Julio Iglesias had his first international debut at the festival and eventually became famous. And let’s not forget Christina Aguilera, who participated over more than a decade ago.

Some of Romania’s own artists got the chance to let their voice be heard like Margareta Paslaru, Doina Spataru, Vama Veche. O-zone, Compact and Dan Spataru, Iris, Nicu Alifantis, or Gabriel Cotabita.

Creating such a big international show with performers from Romania or other different countries was not an easy task for Romanian Television. They had to have a sincere passion for music, wanting to invest interest and effort into their work. Also, every performance was like a test, a competition that involved the spirit. That is one of the reasons why other festivals were not that popular.

Golden Stag Festival had the goal to show the public that a no-name artist can become a star with a good opportunity. Well conduct and scenic arrangement stood out from the very first edition. People enjoyed lovely nights filled with good music, dances, and spectacular moments.

Big names from Romanian and international showbiz presented the concert during its existence like Iurie Darie and Stela Popescu in the first edition. Ricky Dandel, Beatrice Vornicu, Tania Budi and Toni Grecu too. In the latter editions Horia Brenciu, Andreea Marin, Alina Sorescu.

Also, the participants of the contest cannot be omitted. Such countries as Finland, Italy, Russia, China, Mexic, Israel and Turkey performed on stage. Some of the Romanian winners were Paula Seling, Monica Anghel, Luminita Dobrescu and Proconsul.

As the title suggests, the spectacle was a launching track for young artists all over the world. Their talent got recognized and inspired thousands of people to believe in themselves.

A source of entertainment beginning in the Communist era, Romania succeeded to bring on stage important names in music industry. An event that became so popular, the Golden Stag Festival remains in the hearts of many.

Sibiu, one of the most important cities in Transylvania, out stands itself by its acts of pioneering in a multitude of domains. One of these acts were building the first iron cast bridge in the whole Romania. It can now be found in the old town of Sibiu, lying there since 1859.

Before the year of 1859, on the exact same spot was a wooden gate bridge, a part of the 2nd fortification wall. It also bore the name of Bridge of Lies and it used to have buildings to each side, but they were demolished in 1851.

With the iron bridge being built, authorities meant to change its name but the inhabitants of Sibiu begged to differ, its unwritten legends proving to be stronger. Thus, more than 150 years have passed and the bridge hasn’t lost its name and not one, but three legends.

Each of the three legends justifies the name of Bridge of Lies. The first legend that vehicular from medieval times says that the bridge was used to tell if somebody was lying. It is said that when a person says a lie on the bridge, it starts weirdly making noises and moving. Tourists can try it for themselves.

The second legend says that when merchants earning their living in the market nearby were caught cheating on their customers; they were thrown off the bridge as a punishment.

The third legend is about virgins who came on this bridge to meet boys that they planned on marrying. If a girl was caught lying about her virginity, she would be thrown off the bridge.

On the other hand, the legend told today is simply that the bridge will collapse if someone will sit on it and tell a lie. Visitors of this bridge must be very honest, seeing as it hasn’t vanished yet.

Bridge of Lies, as a part of the tour of old town of Sibiu, can be discovered by taking the route of the narrow passages between the Grand and Lesser Squares. The bridge, which is pedestrian only, connects the two parts of the Lesser Square as well as it links the Lower and Upper Town.

In the vicinity of the Liar’s Bridge, there are other buildings worth visiting. To the right, there’s the House of the Arts, formerly the Butcher’s Hall, built in the 14th century. The arched building bears the city’s emblem since 1787. On the bridge’s left side is the Luxembourg House, built at the beginning of the 15th century, which is now a three star hotel that gives amazing views to the Liar’s Bridge and other staple attractions of Sibiu.

The street passing under the bridge is Ocnei Street, which is the main access from the Lower City to the Upper city. Along the bridge, there are is a 5 landing staircase, granting access to the bridge. All the buildings on this street are part of Sibiu’s patrimony, each having a story to it.

A tour travel into the heart of Romania would not be complete without visiting Sighisoara. Discover Transylvania as you find yourself going back to medieval times, in a city that still preserves the history of ancient times.

Located in Mures County, on the Tarnava Mare River, is close to the cities Sibiu- 91 km, Targu Mures- 51 km and Brasov- 115 km. The city administers multiple villages and is well-known in Europe as one of the best preserved inhabited citadels. During Roman times, when the Dacians populated the territory, they built a fortification called Sandava. Later, under Roman administration, it was called Castrum Stenarum.

As time went by, Sighisoara became an important strategic center for Transylvania, so during the 12th century, merchants and craftsmen known as Transylvanian Saxons built a new citadel to defend the frontiers and expand the settlement. The actual name is first documented in 1435.

So, the town was then an important royal center and played a commercial role in Central Europe for many centuries. Medieval architecture, fortifications, old frescoes and historical streets, Sighisoara should make the top of the list on your tour travel.

Artisans from all over the Roman Empire were attracted to this medieval small city, and during the 16th and 17th centuries, craftsmen were gathered in more than 20 guilds and branches, helping the urban economy to bloom. But in that time, it also suffered fires, plagues and military occupation.

The charm and the historical value of numerous buildings and streets determined the city to be listed by UNESCO a World Heritage Site. This fairytale town represents a major attraction point for tourists in the country and all over Europe. Also, with its location, geographical conditions, cultural events, traditions and especially the fabulous history that surrounds it, Sighisoara is the way in discovering Transylvania.

The two parts of the fortified city consist in the lower town that is situated in the river’s valley, and the medieval stronghold built on the top of a hill. It is also known as the “Citadel”, military and political building. The towers are definitely the main attractions and here are the most important: Sighisoara Clock Tower, Thinsmith’s Tower, The Butcher’s Tower, Cobbler’s Tower and Blacksmith’s Tower.

Moreover, the churches are valuable historic monuments, with representative Gothic architecture, wonders for visitors’ eyes. There’s the Church on the hill, The Church of the Dominican Monastery, The Saint Joseph Roman Catholic church and The Orthodox Cathedral of Sighisoara.

Other important objectives that are not to miss in the tour travel are the civil architecture structures, over 300 years old. The Scholar’s Stairs, Hill School of Sighisoara or The Citadel Square along some very well kept houses: The Stag House, Venetian or Green House and Vlad Dracula’s House.

Vlad Dracula’s House is the place where Vlad Tepes (The Impaler) was born in 1431 and lived with his father. Vlad was the inspiration for the famous novel of Bram Stoker, Dracula.

Sighisoara’s traditions are very well represented through manifestations and annual festivals such as Festival of Medieval Arts and Crafts, Festival of Blues Music, The Film Festival and many more.

Discover Transylvania in a beautiful combination of history, charm and comfort of modernism, in a fairytale town that keeps medieval secrets.

 

Prejmer is located in Brasov County, in the heart of Romania. The exact foundation date and settlement origin are unknown.

The Slavic origin of Romanian and Hungarian name of the village allows the assumption that the current village was proceeded by on older Slavic settlement.

The only certainty is that first document of the city dates back to 1240, when King Bela Iv of Hungary (1235-1270) gives the church in Prejmer “with all its rights”  to Citeaux Monastery from Burgundy.

On the 1211 Hungarian King Andrew II mentions in a document addressed  Teutonic, name of the  Tarlung river, to which will increase Prejmer. The Teutonic Knights who receive rights to this territory are those who will rise up to a certain church Tartlau (Saxon name of the village). The church was built in burgundy Gothic style,  introduced  by the Cistercian at Carta village.

Like other monuments in Transylvania, Prejmer fortified church has been undergone  to many changes, but after the restoration undertaken by the Directorate of Monuments between 1960 and 1970 it obtained its original shape. Considered the best preserved and most powerful medieval fortified church in Eastern Europe.

Since 1999 the church is part of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.

Dedicated to the patron “Holy Cross”, the church was built on a central plan in Greek cross, modified by the interventions from the sixteenth century.

Initially, the building was composed of four equal arms arranged around a square centered octagonal tower.

Each arm was composed of two spans, one square and one polygonal, the church in the center and on its right and left size two rectangular chapels.

Because Prejmer was the first village targeted by Turks coming on Buzau Pass, after King Sigismund ordered new defense systems in Barsa County, start the fortification of the church by building a tall and powerful enclosures, surrounded by a ditch filled with water.

The fortress build in circles shape, had 12 meters high and  3 – 4 meter thick walls, iron gates and drawbridges.

Besides fire holes fixed in walls, inside the fortress was an unusually weapon, the famous “Orgen Death ” , Comprising more weapons stacked together, firing all at once. She produced a large enemy panic and heavy losses. Today you can see one of the best preserved fortified churches from Transylvania here at Prejmer.

 

Sibiu, commonly called by its German correspondent, Hermannstadt, is one of the most important cities in Transylvania. It was twice the capital of the Principality of Transylvania in the 18th and 19th century. Even before, Sibiu always managed to bring Transylvania and Romania into prominence, representing one of the most important cultural scenes. It even became the European Capital of Culture in 2007, a year later to be ranked as one of “Europe’s most idyllic places to live”. In other respects, Sibiu, as a city with a history of over 900, was the pioneer that provided Eastern Europe with many premieres in virtually all domains.

Sibiu records its first identity in 1191 under the name of Cibinium, confirmed by Pope Celestine II, who also mentioned the existence of German settlers. By the 14th century, it had already become a relevant trade center and the biggest German city in Siebenbürgen, the seven citadels that form Transylvania. With World War I’s effect upon the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Sibiu became part of Romania and withheld a majority of ethnic German population, Romanians being only a community. Between the years of communism, this phenomenon reversed, leaving Sibiu with a heartbreaking percentage of 1.1 Germans.

Nevertheless, Sibiu constantly put itself on the map through acts of pioneering. It was the place where the first hospital, the first library, the first school, the first pharmacy, the first paper mill, the first book store, the first theatre, the first museum, the first cast iron bridge, the first beer factory, the first Zoo garden, the first open-air cinema in Romania opened. And those are just a few of the firsts that took place in Sibiu.

Sibiu, along with its surroundings, sums a vast collection of museums and parks. The Museums are divided in two main categories. The ASTRA National Museum Complex (muzeul Astra) displays a large collection of ethnographic richness, while the Brukenthal Museum (muzeul Brukenthal) focuses on art, history and pharmacy and other sciences. Some of the biggest and best maintained parks are the Dumbrava Sibiului Natural Park, the Citadel Park and the Sub Arini Park. But these are just a quarter of green space that Sibiu lays out.
The city extends its touristic aspect with the Paltinis and Arena Platos ski resorts, two of Romania’s favorite winter holiday destinations.

The main attractions of Sibiu are distributed in two main areas, the Upper Town and the Lower Town. The Upper Town seems to have been the wealthier part; it is organized in three squares and it contains the main sights of the city. The Lower Town might have served as the manufacturing area and its architecture is quite rustic. This lower part of town takes in the oldest church in Sibiu, dating back to 1292.

The Grand Square has been the center of the city since the 15th century. There lays the Brukenthal Palace, a Baroque monument erected in the 18th century, former residence of governor Samuel von Brukenthal, now a museum carrying his name. Also on this northern side are the Moringer House, which bears the old coat of arms of Sibiu, the Jesuit Church, and an Art Nouveau building which now houses the city hall. Another city symbol here is the 8 centuries old Council Tower. On the southern side of the square there are some two-to-three-story houses that bear small windows on the roof, the “city’s eyes” as tourists like to call them.

Narrow passages connect the Grand Square to the Lesser Square, where the infamous Liars Bridge lies since 1859, as Romania’s first cast iron bridge. To the right of the bridge of lies Sibiu there’s the House of the Arts, on the left the Luxemburg House and under, Ocnei Street, which gives access to the Lower City.

The third square is Huet Square, which distinguishes itself from the other two by its Gothic buildings, such as the Evangelical Lutheran Cathedral in its center, and the Brukenthal Highschool.

Sibiu is one of the most fortified cities in Europe, having multiple rings built around it. All of the walls are connected through tunnels, passageways and bastions.

Another thing that keeps Sibiu on the map is the events held here yearly. The most reputable are the Sibiu International Theatre Festival, the Artmania and Rockin’ Transilvania festivals, the oldest Jazz Festival, and of course the Sibiu Medieval Festival.

The city of Sibiu is conveniently placed in the middle of Romania. This makes it the ideal starting point to all other major attractions of the country either by car, or via its international airport that has over 9 routes.

With excellent accommodation conditions, a great deal of green spaces, dozens of events spread throughout the entire year and, naturally, its everlasting architecture, Sibiu leaves little or no reason not to be visited.

Alba Iulia is a city located in Alba County, Transylvania, with the Mures River flowing through it. There was always something special about this city, no matter the period of time. From the capital of Roman Dacia, to the place where the Great Unification of Romania unfolded, Alba Iulia has always been historically loaded and of strong significance for Romanians and other nations. Along these lines, the city has undergone plenty series of name changes.

During ancient times, when Romans settled in Dacia, Alba Iulia became the capital of Dacia Apulensis under the name of Apulum. It was the largest city in Roman Dacia and it holds to this day the largest castrum in Romania, of over 37 hectares.

Further on in the Medieval Ages, a Hungarian lord named Gyula chose the same settlement as capital of his dukedom, thus given the name of Gyula Feyervar. Here he built the first church of Transylvania, establishing a Catholic Transylvanian bishopry.

Along with the division of the Hungarian Kingdom, Alba Iulia became once more a capital, for the Eastern Hungarian Kingdom and afterwards for the Principality of Transylvania until 1690. This is when the name of Weissenburg (White City) was first mentioned; meanwhile the Ottomans adopted the analogous “Erdel Belgradi”.

After the year of 1690, Alba Iulia joined the Habsburg Monarchy. The Alba Carolina fortress is erected under the authority of Emperor Charles VI of Habsburg. The city, yet again, changes its name, this time in honor of Charles VI, into Karlsburg.

The modern name Alba Iulia is a return to the town’s Medieval Latin name and it started to circulate in the 18th century, becoming the official name in after the union.

With the end of the First World War, officials of Transylvania came together in Alba Iulia on the 1st of December 1918 to declare the union between Transylvania and the Kingdom of Romania. This date represents now the National/Great Union Day of Romania and Alba Iulia is the host of its most glorious yearly celebration.

Alba Iulia is filled with landmarks and historical attractions but it is probably most known for its unique ensemble of fortresses. The ensemble might as well be called a “time travelling rollercoaster”, because the three fortresses were built in three different ages, successively erected on the same location, each new citadel including the former one. The Roman Castrum is the oldest one, after which came the Medieval Citadel built between the XVI and XVII centuries. The newest one is the Alba Carolina Fortress, built in the XVIII century.

A deep fosse and a high wall embrace the confines of the Fortress Ensemble. The second construction adds four bastions in each indoor corner. The construction of Alba Carolina brought immense volume of works, including a terrace, a sewerage system, a mill, several wells, workrooms and warehouses. The sum of these three courses of formation equipped the Ensemble with six imposing gateways.

The citadel has numerous other patrimonial edifices, such as the Batthyaneum Library, the Princely Palace, the Union Hall, the National Honor Gallery, the National History Museum of Unification and the University of Alba Iulia.

The patrimony also extends in the city with monument buildings like the Palace of Justice or the “Giselle” Palace and Lossenau and Custozza Monuments. There are dozens other old houses on George Cosbuc Street, Ferdinand Boulevard, Teilor and Trandafirilor Streets.

When it comes to religious monuments, Alba Iulia doesn’t lack diversity. It has 6 churches, a synagogue and two famed cathedrals, the Orthodox Unification Cathedral and the “Sf. Mihail” Roman Catholic Cathedral.

To keep the culture alive, Alba Iulia organizes the Folklore Festival, the Woodworking Festival and of course, Dacian & Roman Festivals. Most important of all is of course the National Day, which is celebrated all throughout the country. But Alba Iulia being the place where the Union carried out, it goes without saying that this should be the host of the most spectacular military parade, re-enactments of the unification and other Romanian traditions.

Alba Iulia is already preparing for 2018, the centenary year of the Great Union, through a pilot project called “Alba Iulia Smart City 2018”. Imagine the magnitude of that event!

Visiting this city comes with several other opportunities of doing day trips in its proximity, because Transylvania’s beauty is never crowded in just one place, but rather scattered all around.

 

Needless to say about one of the best attractions in Romania, Sinaia is a town situated in a historical region, on the Prahova Valley. It is located 120 km from Bucharest and 50 km from Brasov. As one of the most old and famous tourist resorts in Romania, Sinaia gets its name after Sinaia Monastery, around which it was built. Surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery, the city can be explored during summer and winter time, as a perfect destination for hiking or skiing. The vicinity of the Bucegi Mountains gives the tourists great ways to start their journey in the deep forests, with hiking routes in good conditions. The numerous cabins found on the plateau of the mountain give the travelers accommodation and a warm meal.  Also, there are plenty of possibilities for winter sports along Prahova Valley, due to heavy snow in the winter time. With a position that connects Transylvania to Muntenia (the southern part of Romania), Sinaia has represented an important village since old times. It is first documented around the year of 1200. In fact, King Carol I of Romania built the summer residence for the royal family, Peles Castle, near Sinaia. A town filled with historical monuments and breathtaking landscape – what a perfect mountain getaway!

In the city of Sinaia there are lots of interesting places to visit, starting with the Peles and Pelisor Castle, home of Romania’s royal family, an architectural jewel built between 1873 and 1914. King Carol I of Hohenzollern attempted to imitate the Bavarian style of his homeland creating this beautiful palace.  You can’t miss the Sinaia Monastery, named after Mount Sinai by one Romanian nobleman. Old Orthodox Church, serves as testimony for the historic importance of the village. Also, one important monument is the Sinaia Casino, located in “Dimitrie Ghica” park, built at the initiative of King Carol around year 1912. Here are some monuments of national interest found in Sinaia: The Dimitrie Ghica park and Bucegi Reserve Museum, George Enescu Memorial House, one of Romania’s greatest composer and musician; Carmen Sylva Cultural Center, Heroes Cemetery, Franz Joseph and Saint Anne cliffs, and the Sinaia railway station. For sports enthusiasts, hiking possibilities are infinite, Sinaia offers 16 ski slopes and a cable car connecting Bucegi Mountains with Cota 1400 and 2000, and many many more. One of the main festivals that takes place every year in Sinaia is “Sinaia Forever” or the Autumn Festival. During the first weekend of September the city wishes to recreate the old atmosphere of the 1940’s bringing to light modern performers and spectacular fun in the heart of the Carpathians. Other festivals happening in Sinaia are the International Guitar Festival and International Violin Competition.  Leaving behind the exquisite beauty of Sinaia, there are some more interesting places to visit in the neighbourhood: Bran Castle, also known as Dracula’s home, a point of reference in the Romanian tourism, Cantacuzino Castle, Caraiman Monastery and Rasnov Fortress, a very well preserved attraction.

If you’re looking for a getaway in the mountains, enjoying the beautiful scenery in summer as well in winter, or visit the most important historical monuments in the heart of Romania, Sinaia is your holiday destination!

Cluj-Napoca is the second biggest city in Romania, after Bucharest, commonly known as the unofficial capital of Transylvania. It is situated in the heart of the region, other renowned medieval cities orbit around it, such as Sibiu, Brasov and Sighisoara. While these towns are recognized for their medieval atmosphere, Cluj distinguishes itself by an energetic, youthful and urban-oriented culture.

Cluj dates back to 106AD, established as a Roman settlement under the name of Napoca, which later vanished only to be thereafter reawakened within the Hungarian conquest, under the name of Clusium. Matthias Corvinus helped with the acknowledgement of “Clusium” within economic, politic, urbanistic and cultural means, therefore the place was designated the title of “Treasure City” of the Transylvanian land. From this point onwards, Cluj has become a multicultural city.

The culture scene of Cluj-Napoca

The culture scene of Cluj-Napoca is displayed in plenty of fields and landmarks, which all burst out of the famous Union Square, spread around the tremendous St. Michael’s Church and Matthias Rex’s statue. Not far from these attractions, there is the Museum Square, which elaborates Matthias Corvinus’ persona through the Matia Memorial House. A deeper wandering in this “hidden treasure” of a Square will reveal the Franciscan Church, the oldest one in town and the National History Museum. Cluj has a series of other squares, such as Mihai Viteazu Square and Avram Iancu Square, which extend the central area.

The Banffy Palace, east from St. Michael’s Church, houses the Art Museum. To the west, on Memorandumului Street, there’s the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania. These are the biggest museums of Cluj, but not the only ones.

There are two hills around the central area. To the Northern hill, the Cetatuia Park arises from the Central Park. These two parks are divided by the Somes River. On the Southern hill, there’s the radiant Botanical Garden of the Babes-Bolyai University.

Cluj-Napoca owes its youthful spirit to Babes-Bolyai University. It is the largest and most prestigious university in Romania, it nests over 40,000 students annually, specializing them in 114 domains. Therefore, the city became the Youth Capital of Europe in 2015, a year that reinforced the cultural scene with “infinite” events, campaigns, projects and festivals.

Some of the most known are Untold Festival, the Transylvania International Film Festival (TIFF), Cluj Days and the Electric Castle Festival in Bontida, a village not far away, where the Banffy Family have extended. Cluj Napoca nightlife offer lots of atractions.There are various accommodation options, from the standard pensions to very modern Cluj Napoca hotels, all of them offered for accessible and attractive prices.

Also, Cluj Napoca airport is one of the most important airports in Romania, which grants easier and faster traveling to or from this destination with .

These being said, Cluj-Napoca is worth visiting not only for its deeply Transylvanian spirit and traditions, but also for its ascending European identity.